When it comes to trimming your pubes, most people will agree with the same thing, let’s cut down the bushes. This personal opinion varies from person to person. But a lot of people prefer grooming their pubic hair because it makes them comfortable.
Grooming your pubic hair comes with the risk of injuries. The main risk is the problem of ingrown hair. This problem is more accurate when it comes to shaving. Ingrown problems can become serious if it is not taken proper care of.
Therefore at some point in life, you think about how to remove male pubic hair without shaving or without using blades. Let’s find out the answer.
Check out: Best pubic hair removal cream
Why does pubic hair grow around your pubic area?
There are a lot of reasons why pubic hair grows around your genital area. A hormone called testosterone controls the hair growth around your genital section—the number of pubic hair increases when there is more testosterone around your pubic region.
There are many benefits that we get from pubic hair. The benefits are really very necessary for our health. From protecting your genital section from germs to attracting your partner, pubic hair plays so many roles on our body.
- Protects your pubic skin from microbes: Pubic hair acts as a wall between microorganisms and your pubic area. It also creates a barrier from creating infections by different germs, Such as:
- Yeast infections
- Vaginal infections
- Sexually Transmitted infections
- Skin infections
- Main Puberty sign: Pubic hair is one of the main signs of puberty. It also sends signals to your partner that you are ready for producing offspring.
- Pheromones: Your pubic hair secretes a hormone which is called pheromones from its sweat glands. The pheromones create a scent that affects the mood and behavior of your partner.
- The fluent flow of blood: Your pubic hair consists of blood vessels in its root, which maintain blood flow around your genital area.
- Less Friction: Pubic hair stops getting your skin to make friction with each other, creating red rashes or pores on your genital skin.
Why do some people still want to remove their pubes?
There can be a lot of reasons why people might decide to remove their pubic hair. Mostly the reasons are connected to health myths.
- Going with the social norms. Many people choose to remove their pubic hair for going with the trend of society. They feel that removing the pubes makes them feel more tidy and clean.
- Partner’s expectation. People choose to remove their genital hair to satisfy their partner’s expectations. In research, it is found that both males and females want their partner’s genital organs to be clean and tidy.
- Increases sensation. Removing pubic hair increases sensation; it is one of the common myths in society. But there are also other factors lies that increase the genital sensation during sex.
Pubic hair doesn’t grow back thicker again after you groom it:
Because of constant grooming your pubic hair, your pubic hair doesn’t grow back as thicker as it was before. The thickness of the hair fades away as you get older.
It is because of different hormonal changes that take place inside your body.
Safe methods of removing pubic hair except shaving:
Waxing can be a better option if you want to groom your pubes at home. But before applying, there include some steps:
- Soak your pubes for 5-7 minutes in hot soapy water.
- Trim your pubes shorter.
- Apply warm wax to your pubic region.
- Wait until the wax hardens.
- Slowly and gently pull off the wax strips.
- After pulling off, apply some lotion or oil on the pubic skin.
- Repeat these steps to the pubic areas that need wax.
Waxing can be painful if it is not done properly. Consult with a professional if you want to get waxed safely.
Trimming with electric clippers:
This is one of the safest options to remove your pubic hair. You can use different sizes of electric clippers to trim off your pubic hair completely. This method is safe and time-saving.
Related Post: Best clippers for pubic hair trimming
Laser hair removal technique:
This method is used to slow the process of hair growth. Here, laser beams and heat damage hair follicles’ roots, which will slow the hair growing process.
You have to apply this way a minimum of once a month to get the full result. Also, it is more expensive and consists of some side effects.
It is completely your own personal choice if you want to trim your pubic hair, but you should do it in the safest way.
There are many genital injuries reported every year because of not taking precautions before removing pubic hair. You can skip the step shaving if you want to because shaving is dangerous to your soft genital skin.
So, after discussing all of the above points, you are now clear on how to remove male pubic hair without shaving and start grooming your pubic hair.