As an Amazon Associate, I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. No extra cost to you
Last Updated on January 16, 2021 by The Idle Men
A Good look has always been a cultural thing. Something described as a good look in one community may be nauseated in others. But-
Does being attractive provide socio-economical advantages? Yes, it does.
Though Fashion trends like to pamper around white men, neglecting the fact that black men need more nourishment than usual, it’s high time; African-American males should start taking care of their outer aura. Black men already have healthy minds, so why not more durable hair.
The black man’s hair is different. There is no doubt about that. The distinctive nature of their hair requires more nourishment than average men.
And that’s why we are here to give you essential hair care tips for black men only, and some of the best products and tools for special grooming as well.
Common Hair Problems Among Black Men
Dryness, Dandruff, and hair-loss are the usual problems Black males face more often. The issues might differ from person to person. African- American male have either curly or kinky hair. The differences make it more challenging. You need hair- care more precise and in-depth than regular. Now let’s put some important hair care tips for black men and remedies that will solve and prevent the hair issues that you have.
Tip Number 1: How to Treat Dry Hair
Hair portrays your style sense and personal hygiene. If the hair turns brittle and becomes dull, it’s an embarrassing display.
Nowadays, researchers found five common causes of dry, damaged hair like- Using too much heat to style hair, using clinically toxic hair products, extreme Shampooing, using too many hair dyes and color, and environmental Factors. However, someone can inherit dry hair from their DNA, and it’s also disturbing.
Hair Care Tips
Let’s show you some cautionary measures and some remedy for how to repair and nourish your dry hair-
- Use less heat treatment on your hair.
- Curly hair is a subject to dryness, washing this type of hair once or twice in a week is ideal.
- Avoid products that have alcohol in it, because alcohol wipes out the natural oil and moisturizer from the hair.
- Avoid using products that are not made for your specific hair type by reading labels before buying them.
- Use a natural moisturizer for men’s hair to do the fizz control, such as:
- Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk,
- The Roots Naturelle Premium Hair Oil Moisturizer,
- As I Am Double Butter Rich Daily Moisturizer or,
- Tea Tree Hair and Body Moisturizer.
These are the best moisturizers for black men’s hair; they will nourish your dry hair and prevent them from being dull.
- Every time use natural hair oils such as nourishing hair care oils such as-
- Coconut oil,
- Olive oil,
- Jojoba oil,
- Rosemary oil,
- Avocado oil,
- Argan oil,
It will work magic on dry hair.
- To avoid further moisture loss, don’t rub your hair dry after washing it.
- Chemicals that are harmful mostly found in dyes and bleaches stay away from them as much as possible.
- Escape from rough weather like cold winds, low humidity, and extreme heat.
- Wear a hat or durag on a beach holiday, and also use a swim cap to avoid chlorine water on a pool day.
Follow these tips as much as possible, and hopefully, you can get rid of hair dryness as a black man, shiny hair boosts up your morals and confidence in any place. So every hassle is worth trying.
Tip Number 2: How to Treat Dandruff
Flakes of skin that appear on the scalp are called Dandruff, which are sometimes accompanied by minor itching. Dandruff is a scalp condition that not only black men suffer, but it’s an irritation that most of the males had once or multiple times in their lifetime.
There is a misunderstanding with this issue, which is often related to an unhygienic lifestyle, but it’s not correct. Many reasons can cause Dandruff. Lots of actions that can cause Dandruff including- dry skin, yeast growth, irregular brushing, eczema or psoriasis, and hormonal imbalance.
Hair Care Tips
A black man has a unique hair texture, so the strategy will be different. It will vary depending on the patient’s age, hair difference, and scalp condition. Therefore, we procured some home remedies and natural product selection that can help nourish your hair and make the scalp Dandruff free. These include-
- Stress can be harmful in so many ways, but this particular case of scalp causes itching results. Less stress can reduce the dandruff issue mysteriously.
- Using anti-dandruff shampoos helps a lot. Suggesting some of the best anti-dandruff shampoo below
- Nizoral- A-D Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
- Dove- Dermacare Scalp Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
- Head & Shoulders – 2-in-1 Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
- Neutrogena- T/Sal Shampoo Scalp Build-Up Control
- BIOLAGE- Scalpsync Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
- Use the sunlight on every occasion possible because the ultraviolet-A (UVA) light from the sun destroys the yeast.
- Start taking Omega-3 oil, zinc, B vitamins enriched foods
- Use oil to massage your scalp or mix few drops with shampoo such as-
- Tea tree oil
- Sage oil
- Basil oil
- Castor oil.
“Dandruff isn’t usually a sign of something more serious, but if your scalp is red, tender, isn’t responding to over-the-counter treatments, or appears to be infected, it’s important to see your doctor right away,” says dermatologist- Dr. Ohara Aivaz.
So Dandruff can be a medical issue too. If it becomes serious, please visit a nearby doctor. But before that apply all we suggested, if it works no need to panic.
Tip Number 3: How to Treat Hair-Fall
You are not the only African – American man whose hairline is slimming day after day. It is embarrassing if the hairline starts thinning at the age of thirty. 4 out of 5 men reach total baldness at the age of 70. Here are the common reason and cautionary steps for a black man to prevent hair fall at an early age.
It’s commonly genetic, but there are other reasons behind this problem. Stress, Certain types of medication, ringworm, thyroid problems, dry or brittle hair, lack of specific vitamins and irons, acne, radiation, fungal infection, rapid weight loss surgery these also cause permanent or temporary hair-fall.
Hair Care Tips
Here are some of the best tips to prevent or reduce your hair loss-
- Keep your hair clean. If possible stay away from dust, heat and humid weather or wear a cap
- Increase the consumption of food that is rich with vitamins such as A, B &E. multivitamin pills also helpful(after the age of 25 of-course)
- Avoid brushing hair when it is wet, especially brittle hair.
- Massaging scalp with garlic, onion, and ginger juice can help a lot.
- Using specific massage oil like castor oil, peppermint oil, and lavender oil.
- Avoid hair care products that include ingredients such as-
- Formaldehyde-releasing preservatives
- PEGs(Polyethylene Glycol aka)
- SLS(Sodium lauryl sulfate) /
- SLES Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Sodium Laureth Sulfate).
- Dimethicone and Triethanolamine.
- Avoid smoking at all cost and reduce alcohol consumption
- Try to stress-free as much possible
- Engage yourself with any physical activity.
- Keep yourself hydrated all the time
- Sleep deprivation is a fatal cause of losing hair. Try to sleep sufficiently and as early as possible.
- Choose a certain hairstyle that reduces stress on your hair.
Hair Care Tips for Black Men (Quarantine Hair Tips)
As we mentioned earlier, many health conditions that cause hair fall. So don’t miss your doctor appointments if you have any of those conditions.
Don’t be hopeless, dude! This is not the end of the world. You can still do so many things to save your hair and become a style icon in your community or friends. The problem is men found it feminine to spend time on hair and skin. But a sunny look is essential guys, and it always starts with your hair. Dedicate some of your time on your hair for your own sake. We hope that you are already taking care of yourself, and these tips will maximize the effort. read more